Goals of the American Cichlid Association
- To gather, organize, and disseminate knowledge of fish in the genetic family Cichlidae;
- To encourage and further the study and conservation of cichlids in their natural habitats, and in the hobby;
- To encourage the study and preservation of cichlids by awarding grants for research and conservation;
- To further the conservation of the natural habitat of cichlids;
- To provide a means for individuals to acquire and distribute cichlids;
- To promote fellowship amongst the members.